Rye Town Park is located at 95 Dearborn Avenue (off Forest Avenue) in the City of Rye, New York. The park is a wonderful facility for public recreation and relaxation.
Rye Town Park was established in 1907 by an act of the New York Legislature. The main buildings were completed in 1909. Generations of families have made happy memories at the park and beach over the more than 100 years of its operation. The entire park was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on April 18, 2003. Rye Town Park is a public park! You don't have to be a resident of Rye City, Rye Town, Port Chester or Rye Neck to visit.
The sixty-two acre preserve has 28 acres of lawns and paths with mature plantings, gently rolling hills, benches, a naturalized duck pond, and the park has an expansive beachfront of 34 acres.
The main building complex, which includes the two-towered administration building, pavilions, restaurant and service facilities, is a magnificent edifice with Spanish style architecture, fantastic views, and beach access to Long Island sound.